Bonton Farms (Fiscally Sponsored by The Dallas Foundation)
Bonton Farms leverages urban agriculture to nourish the physical, mental, financial, and spiritual health of 2,500 people each year. What appears at first glance to be “just a farm” is a supportive community resource that provides residents with nutritious food, employment opportunities, education for children, affordable housing, and more. Bonton Farms supports the community through their seven interconnected, need-driven pillars of service:
1) Health and Wellness: locally grown, nutritious, affordable food (a partnership with a health clinic is in progress to provide medical care to residents who would not otherwise receive it).
2) Economic Development: workforce development and adult paid internships for Bonton residents.
3) Housing: transitional and affordable housing to prevent and combat homelessness.
4) Education: supplementing the limited local education system.
5) Community Building: mentoring and counseling resources and criminal remediation.
6) Transportation: access to essential community resources (developing).
7) Access to Fair Credit (developing).
The Garden’s Website: http://botonfarms.org/
Pure Farmland is growing
good across America
As one of the nation’s largest makers of plant-based proteins, Pure Farmland understands that good things are grown from the ground up. We believe in growing everyone’s access to fresh, local produce—so we launched our Pure Growth Project in 2020 as way to support community gardens in neighborhoods and preserve essential farmland where America’s food is grown. So each time you try one of Pure Farmland’s delicious, plant-based meatballs, breakfast links or patties, dinner links, protein starters and more, you can feel good knowing that we’re growing something good, together.